Discussion forum

NZQA

me
NZQA
by Darren Sudlow - Wednesday, 2 March 2011, 4:00 PM

Hi all,

Time to turn our attention to NZQA matters. MOUs will have to be dealt with soon, but before that we need to set up our NZQA data.

We did this last year for Cantatech and it worked reasonably well, but I will need to explain again for everyone.

Purpose - To tidy up and centralise NZQA data and to ensure all schools can access the necessary data at any stage during the year

This year (as outined in the eManual) we centralise all our NZQA data in a google spreadsheet. So all teachers please follow the link I provide and set up their page on the spreadsheet. Some have already already got it set up and only need to add students and then grades as they come. Others, please look at the Classical Studies example (first page) and do the same. You will need to:

• Set up each NCEA Achievement standard in a separate column at the top. Just use the standard number
  • Copy your list of students from the course spreadsheet you accessed at the beginning of the year and paste into the first column
  • Add your School MOE provider number in an empty cell
  • Email the link to the spreadsheet out to all the eDeans for your course
  • As you get grades (including formative) add them to the spreadsheet
Could this be done by 11th March please. I will check back in then and send out any reminders if I have to.

The course pages are in tabs at the bottom of the page

Picture of Jane Donald
Re: NZQA
by Jane Donald - Wednesday, 2 March 2011, 8:32 PM

Is this just internals? What do the F and I stand for in yours?

me
by Darren Sudlow - Wednesday, 2 March 2011, 8:54 PM

That does need clarifying sorry. This is internal and external formative grades. The final grade from the prelim will definitely need to be recorded here. This means that schools can easily access grades for prize giving and the like. This has been an issue in the past and one of the reasons we have implemented this process.

The (I) stands for internal and (F) for formative external. It is not something you are required to provide, but it might be helpful to those looking.

Just an aside to eDeans who will get this. Do take note of the url (bookmark it perhaps) and check in so you get get grades when you need them. I'm sure teachers will send them through in reports and the like, but this will help for quick reference.

Thanks for using the forum Jane smile
me
by Darren Sudlow - Thursday, 3 March 2011, 9:50 AM

Please stick to your own page. Everyone can edit each others, but don't. Your page is at the bottom of the sheet. When you first go in you will see L3 Classics. Don't touch that page. Just go to the bottom of the page and click on your tab. Let me know if you don't see it. We had no problems using this last year so hopefully we get a repeat.

A web based SMS would suit nicely