Discussion forum

Get your course outline up

me
Get your course outline up
by Darren Sudlow - Tuesday, 22 November 2011, 10:43 AM

Hi all eTeachers for 2012,

It is not time to get your course outline for 2012 up on the Virtual Learning Network. New teachers for 2012 please hold fire. There is currently a glitch with new accounts so don't try and follow these instructions. I will contact you soon on what to do.

For those of you who already have a course outline on the vln (this year's group of eTeachers) it is a simple matter to roll over your class from this year. Follow these instructions.

1. Go to the vln by clicking here
  2. Login in the top right hand corner. If you can't remember your password or it is not working then click on "lost password" underneath login. Follow the instructions from there. Most of your usernames start with nz if that helps refresh your memory. Please email or phone me (0272171121) if you continue to have problems.
  3. Once logged in go to your course area and check whether a class exists at the bottom. If it doesn't you need to clone the class. If it does I have already done it for you and you just need to edit to check all the correct information is included. Please check the image below to see a course that needs a class cloned. It will say "Sorry this course has no classes to display". Most of you will need to clone the class.
  4. To clone your class from this year look at the image below and follow the instructions. When you clone your class make sure to update the duration of the course (2012 not 2011) and make any other updates you need to. Please call your class "2012 Class". What happens is the class is put at the end of the course name so you don't need to repeat the course title. For example my course is "L3 Classical Studies" and the class is entitled "2012 Class". When I search for the course it comes up with "L3 Classical Studies - 2012 Class".
Please do this asap so we can get enrolment underway. Over the next day or two would be ideal. As I said get in touch if you have problems.
clone