Discussion forum

VC Reports

Picture of Garry Brittenden
VC Reports
by Garry Brittenden - Thursday, 14 March 2013, 11:56 AM

An eDean has asked me how do you take off the black background in the part of the VC report where edeans comment on how students work in their study periods. Any answers to that?

me
Re: VC Reports
by Darren Sudlow - Friday, 15 March 2013, 10:09 AM

Sorry should have made that a bit easier.  It is a cell in a table so in microsoft word you just click in the cell (by the word).  The go to the top menu and you will see a paint pot icon under "Table Tools".  Click on the arrow and you can choose to fill with a colour or not.  I have attached an image that shows you a screen capture.

Thanks for posting your question in the forum Garry.

Anne
by anne williams - Monday, 18 March 2013, 10:54 AM

Hi Darren

I've tried that and can get it to highlight a new word but I can't get it to take the highlighting off "acceptable". I guess I'm missing something obvious???

me
by Darren Sudlow - Monday, 18 March 2013, 9:58 AM

Unfortunately I have made an error in the reports that is making it impossible to remove the original shading in the eDean section.  This has happened because I use open office not microsoft word - they should work together seemlessly, but because I created the original shading in open office it seems it can't be removed using microsoft word (even though it was saved as a word document)

Here is the my suggested fix.

Highlight all three options / cells and fill them with black.  Then put an X next to the option you want.  I have attached a fixed report template for those who haven't done their reports yet - use this one.  For those that have you can download it and have a look at what I mean.

Humblest apologies.  We are looking at automating reports for the next round which will mean no more working on report documents.