Discussion forum

eHui 2013

me
eHui 2013
by Darren Sudlow - Thursday, 20 June 2013, 11:05 AM

Hi all,

If NetNZ goes ahead it will mean that the staff of both clusters will be combined in the one organisation. To facilitate this process and engage all stakeholders in what the teaching and learning will look like we would want a combined eHui late November or early December this year.

On discussion with Ken Pullar we both agreed that Oamaru would provide useful middle ground for both since it is basically where the cluster boundaries meet. 

What are your thoughts on attending a two day eHui in Oamaru? Is it doable for you just thinking about the distance to travel? 

Also open to other suggestions on venue.

We can sort timing once a venue is sorted.

Picture of Damer Farrell
Re: eHui 2013
by Damer Farrell - Thursday, 20 June 2013, 4:22 PM

It will be a 5 hr drive for me from Kaikoura -- but that will be better than driving to Queenstown. 

As for time / dates   -- it would have to be after seniors leave and before junior reports need doing.  Last day for seniors is about the start of exams.

smile

Picture of Conrad O'Connor
by Conrad O'Connor - Thursday, 20 June 2013, 5:21 PM

Fine for me.

Mr T
by Justin Thompson - Thursday, 20 June 2013, 7:14 PM

Fine with me, just would like to know dates early as will need to talk to Oxford about this and also check they happy. 

Picture of Maryann Darmody
by Maryann Darmody - Friday, 21 June 2013, 7:40 AM

venue fine- timing same as others- after seniors leave. Thanks

Anne
by anne williams - Monday, 24 June 2013, 11:27 AM

Fine by me smile

me
by Darren Sudlow - Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 12:22 PM

Thanks for the replies on the eHui everyone.

Further to that I have two suggested sets of dates for you.

The first is at the end of week five in term four - Thursday 14th and Friday 15th November

or sometime in week 8 of that term.

My preference is for the former, but I'm interested in your thoughts. We will never be able to suit everyone of course.

me
by Darren Sudlow - Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 2:32 PM

Appatently the 15th is show day here in Canterbury which makes that date unsusable. Maybe the maybe the Monday and Tuesday of week 5 instead...

Picture of Damer Farrell
by Damer Farrell - Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 11:18 PM

My vote would be  tues /wed  home thurssmile

Anne
by anne williams - Wednesday, 26 June 2013, 9:37 AM

Darren

The 15th of November is Canterbury show day so probably won't suit a lot of people- me included!

I'm actually not avaiable any time that week- family wedding.

Cheers

Anne

Picture of Penny Mossman
by Penny Mossman - Wednesday, 26 June 2013, 10:35 AM

I agree with Anne this week not good on several fronts - last week for many senior students and start of NCEA plus annivesary day.

Penny

me
by Darren Sudlow - Wednesday, 26 June 2013, 6:37 PM

Hi Penny,

The NCEA exams begin on Monday 11th November so students will have left by then wouldn't they?

I certainly understand if the shortened week makes it difficult, although would be intereste din hearing from as many as possible on this. As I said we don't expect that we will find dates that suits everyone. As long as we can get the majority there.

Lots more still to organise from here - costing being one. Nothing confirmed as yet, but I am keen to sound you out and get things sorted asap.

Picture of Marina Krijgsman
by Marina Krijgsman - Friday, 28 June 2013, 10:49 AM

I am happy to work around any dates and the venue is fine with me.

Picture of Nicola Lewis
by Nicola Lewis - Friday, 28 June 2013, 11:40 AM

Same I will try to work around any dates.