Discussion forum

New CantaNet Reporting Process

me
New CantaNet Reporting Process
by Darren Sudlow - Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 2:38 PM

Follow this link for guidance on the new reporting process.

I have set up most markbooks and emailed teachers who have some edits to make. Once your markbook is done feel free to start inputting for reports.

Please check everything is correct. 

Attendance is not included.

This has been a very time consuming process for me so hopefully it is worth it. I still have a report template to develop for each class, then set up a folder for each course that is shared with relevant eDeans and then need to develop guidance for eDeans...but we are getting there.

Any questions - please post here in the forum or on the guidance document as a comment.

me
Re: New CantaNet Reporting Process
by Darren Sudlow - Friday, 28 June 2013, 11:38 AM

Just a reminder that any questions on reporting please post here - this is so I don't repeat myself answering the same questions and so everyone sees the answer  - which is of benefit.

As I have said before it is a fundamental aspect of good practice in online learning so worth everyone getting used to doing that. You should be doing it for your own course.

Sorry to be a pain.

me
by Darren Sudlow - Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 12:01 PM

Hi all,

Access this slideshow to see how to access reports for printing.

It is worth eTeachers reading through so you are familiar with the process as well.

Cheers
Picture of Jenny Owens
by Jenny Owens - Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 3:50 PM

Where abouts do enter the number of credits for each standard on the template?

Picture of Damer Farrell
by Damer Farrell - Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 9:50 PM

just to the right of the standard descriptor -- Just follow Darrens slide show and when you get the template up just change the bits you need to change.

me
by Darren Sudlow - Wednesday, 3 July 2013, 9:21 AM

Thanks for giving Jenny some help Damer - that is what we want. It doesn't have to be me all the time.

Just a reminder to everyone to post your questions here - I continue to get direct emails. Email me if it is a problem that is specific to your markbook / reports. For example Trish Dollan's markbook didn't seem to keep the comments she entered so she emailed me directly - which is what to do in that situation. General questions post here.

I advise typing up comments offline in a doc and then pasting them into your markbook, just in case anything goes wrong.

Most folders do not have a report template yet. I will be working through those today. Once  eTeachers have it, check that all is correct and enter credit values in the appropriate column (it will be fairly obvious). I will then generate reports from the markbook (that hooks into the template) that will appear in that folder. From their eDeans and eTeachers check through each report to ensure there are no errors (I will probably have a quick look as well). It doesn't matter who makes any corrections as long as they are made.

And just to clarify the support teacher is the eDean.

me
by Darren Sudlow - Tuesday, 13 August 2013, 10:27 AM

Please post feedback / questions on the reporting process for term three in the discussion forum here please. Once everyone is in the NetNZ google community we will no longer need this space.
me
by Darren Sudlow - Tuesday, 13 August 2013, 10:30 AM

I have had question about the report comment for this round of reports. Just replace the previous comment in your markbook with a new one.