As you all know every year we get all the eTeachers together for two days face to face PD. In the past this has been reasonably loose and focused on teachers spending time developing their course and learning new tools. As I have indicated a few times, this year I have something slightly different in mind.
Call it what you will; we might just call it an eHui, but this year we want eTeachers AND eDeans to meet for two days reflection and planning for 2013. The aim of the eHui is to work together to develop strategies to improve the programme in 2013 and beyond. By looking at the programme as a whole you will also be looking at your own practice (whether eTeacher or eDean). There will still be an opportunity to spend time on your course, but there will be a lot more focus to the two days. It is important we start to look at taking this to the next level in 2013 and the eHui needs to set this up. It is not often we can get everyone face to face so we will to make the most of it.
I have thoughts on what this might look like, but it is important we do it together (and with your schools)
Venue and dates ? This is where I need immediate feedback. I will give it until Friday this week and then I will make an executive decision (as you know we will never please everyone).
I am currently thinking of Thursday the 6th and Friday the 7th of December. This will enable us to use the Lincoln Events Centre, Lincoln, Canterbury (view here) as our venue. This is fantastic conference facility that is smack bang in the middle of the cluster. I would book rooms at Lincoln Motel (view here) for those who needed accommodation. We can only use those two dates if we use this venue, but is that too late in the year? We can't use the previous week, because the Blended Learning Project teachers are meeting on the West Coast. The week before that would be possible though.
Another possibility is Tekapo Blue Water Resort, but that could be stretching the budget too far and is also a long hike for some.
I would like to hear any other suggestions on venues / dates during the course of this week. On Friday I will make the final decision based on what I hear back.
Please reply directly to this post in the discussion forum on the CantaNet staffroom so we have an open discussion that is visible to everyone.